Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mitchell's Birthday Week!

We are slowly but surely settling into a weekly routine here in Kentucky. We're finally getting on a schedule with our night shifts, typically leaving around the same time and getting home within an hour or two of one another. Quite the blessing if you ask me!

Off to work we go!

It really is a huge adjustment for us to work nights, especially since it is summer time and we don't have a lot that we're involved in just yet throughout the day. So, our days have typically been filled with a whole lot of reading and conversations mixed in with a little bit of exploring. At first I felt like I was wasting time sitting around the apartment reading for hours at a time, but as I was reading this book about a hero of mine, William Wilberforce, I came across a fact about him that made me feel okay about it. :)
Reading at the campus library!

Wilberforce had a resolve to read as much as he could. "For the next twelve summers, until his marriage, he would spend one or two months at some country home, assiduously studying nine or ten hours alone each day. He became renowned for reading everything...and for the rest of his life, his pockets were literally stuffed with literature on every subject" (Metaxas, 65).

All this being said, I'm grateful for the time the Lord has given us to have together this summer, as well as the time to read and learn anything and everything we can get our hands on! I'll keep you guys updated on what we read!
Leisurely morning breakfast with this hunk--blessed.

Other than that, we have had the opportunity to try out a few of the local restaurants around here as well! On Monday night Mitchell and I went to a well known Cuban restaurant called Havana Rumba for an early birthday celebration for him! (He's an Independence Day baby!) The food was delicious and Mitchell was beside himself with joy.
This was our appetizer: Fried plantains and guacamole. YUM!

 Such a wonderful evening together!

Well, that's all I have for now! I truly am enjoying getting to know this new place we now call home. Tomorrow we are going to a get-together with a few new friends of ours to celebrate the 4th, and next week we leave for South Dakota for my family's reunion! BIG things ahead!

1 comment: